[patch] KURLLabel

Jaroslaw Staniek js at iidea.pl
Sat Jan 14 00:55:16 GMT 2006

Olivier Goffart said the following, On 2006-01-13 23:40:

> Le Vendredi 13 Janvier 2006 20:20, Jarosław Staniek a écrit :
>
>>Please review (for 3.5 and 4.0):
>>- mouse cursor is updated when the mouse pointer is exactly over the link
>>- the same with clicking on the link area
>>- setting NoFocus focus policy automatically removes default margin == 3
>>(unless it was set explicity) <-- this could help to fix the problem with
>>Konqueror's sidebar
>

> From kdelibs/TODO
>
> |- Merge all K*Label classes into one that offers all the features such as
> |  ellipsis (this time for center, middle and right in order to allow for
> |  sqeezing the text), links and selectable text with a consistant API
> |    (Matt Rogers)
>
> I think that make all his sense.
> You can already make KURLLabel inherits from the future KLabel, with the text
>
> that would be very more simple.
> Or does KURLLabel require more feature than that ?

Isn't KTextBrowser-like widget what you proposed to reuse? Maybe it's much too
heavy compared to QLabel-derived KURLLabel? I wonder that reusing
KTextBrowser-like beasts may lead to problems with vertical/horizontal
alignment (IIRC, no align property).
With QLabel-derived widgets, alignment problem can be reduced as you can see
by looking at my recent KURLLabel commit.

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska

  Kexi Developer:      http://www.kexi-project.org | http://koffice.org/kexi
  Kexi Support:        http://www.kexi-project.org/support.html
  Kexi For MS Windows: http://kexi.pl/wiki/index.php/Kexi_for_MS_Windows
  KDE3, KDE4 Libraries For Developing MS Windows Applications:
                       http://www.kdelibs.com/wiki