DBus detection

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Fri Jan 13 10:36:34 GMT 2006

Hi,

 I just found that my KDE is compiled without HAL support for the media
manager. This happened because the configure check fails to find the
libdbus-qt-1.so library. On my system it is in /usr/lib64. The
configure check tries to find it in:
  search_libs="$kde_libraries
$kde_extra_libs /usr/lib$kdelibsuff /usr/local/lib$kdelibsuff"

But I don't have any special $kdelibsuff, I just use the plain
$KDEDIR/lib, even if it is a 64bit version. If you think this is wrong,
then the problem is deeper as the configure script should set to lib64
if it runs on a 64bit system, without needing user intervention.

My solution is to manually list lib64, like below.

  search_libs="$kde_libraries
$kde_extra_libs /usr/lib /usr/lib64 /usr/local/lib /usr/local/lib64 /usr/lib$kdelibsuff /usr/local/lib$kdelibsuff"

If you have a better one, let me know. I think this problem is not
specific to this case, so would make sense to find a global solution.

The configure in this case tries "pkg-config --libs dbus-1
--libs-only-L" in order to find where is the dbus-1 library and try to
find the qt bindings there, but on SuSE10 this returns nothing.

Andras