[Patch] KProgress / KProgressDialog

Urs Wolfer uwolfer at fwo.ch
Fri Jan 13 00:35:06 GMT 2006

Some time ago we had a discussion about removing KProgress.

The only problem is that the Qt4 QProgressBar doesn't have a function to
change the format of the indicator text like the Qt3 one has. So I have no
idea how to implement the setFormat form KProgress in Qt4. Can someone give
me a hint?

I think we should move KProgress to kde3support because it inherits of a
qt3support class (Q3ProgressBar). The setFormat is used rarely. But this way
apps really need it can still use it with the kde3support class.

See the attached patch: KProgressDialog is not anymore in kprogress.{cpp/h}.
It's now kprogressdialog.{cpp/h}. KProgressDialog takes now use of
QProgressBar instead of KProgress. I've done some cleanups.

Please comment. Ok to commit?

Bye
urs