Small UI regression 3.5 branch?

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Jan 12 23:04:49 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 11 January 2006 19:29, Knut Morten Johansson wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have got what looks like a small UI regression in the 3.5 branch, I first
> noticed at a SVN upgrade 27 dec(ok 10 days before), it's still present as of
> today 11 jan. I'm not sure if it's a general problem or a problem with my
> build, that's why I post it here rather than bugzilla. Hopfully someone can
> confirm either way.
>
> It's in the statusbar in for instance konqueror, the icons get cropped and I
> get a blank frame around the icons(Se atthached screenshot). The higlight
> rectangle does not look correct either, but I'm not sure how it looked
> before.

This is a KURLLabel.
The "Accessibility fix for KURLLabel" from Jaroslaw Staniek added a margin
(hence the cropping) and a focus rect (which didn't use to be there either).

Should we make those KURLLabel features optional?
Or should we use something else in khtml's statusbar icon?
  (the code is in KHTMLPart::setPageSecurity).

On one hand I'd be tempted to say it's a bit weird to use KURLLabel for this,
on the other hand, this is a change of behavior in a kdelibs class
between 3.5 and 3.5.1, so if it's not for the better in all cases, maybe it needs
to be settable or even off by default?