Fwd: Re: Turning off screensavers [xarafaxz at nxxx: KMplayer feature request]

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Jan 12 17:25:10 GMT 2006

On Thursday 12 January 2006 18:10, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> class KDE_EXPORT KScreenSaver
> {
> public:
>     /**
>       * docs here
>       */
>     void setEnabled( bool set );
> };
Yes; well, namespace [or static method] if the class isn't supposed to be instanciated.

>  Isn't that a bit ... silly? Not that I really mind if this is really the way
> it's intended to be, but won't we end up with hundreds of things like this?

Well, I wouldn't say hundreds, but all kapp->startServiceBy... have moved to KToolInvocation, for
instance, so yes, it's intended to be classes with a particular purpose as
opposed to KApplication being the all-in-one mess.

But maybe the screensaver enabling/disabling is part of a bigger set of... desktop operations?
Right now I can't think of other similar things that app might want to do.