KHTML, KJS Unfrozen -- details

Matt Broadstone mbroadst at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 01:00:00 GMT 2006

On 1/10/06, Matt Broadstone <mbroadst at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/10/06, George Staikos <staikos at kde.org> wrote:

> > > Any idea how Safari solves this? (I hope we all agree that a script
> > > never may hang konqueror)
> >
> >   It doesn't presently, as far as I know.

> > > Likewise here?
> >
> >    Same as above.  Just don't know.  We'll deal with it though.
> >
> > --
> > George Staikos
> > KDE Developer                           http://www.kde.org/
> > Staikos Computing Services Inc.         http://www.staikos.net/
> >
> I've merged Ian's KJSEmbed into branches/work/kde4/playground/bindings
> for the time being. I hope to get working with him this week getting
> it to build using the new KJS, but I agree that it should probably be
> moved to kdelibs as it will at least become a big part of Plasma
> relatively soon.

Well is there any objection to us putting kjsembed into kdelibs? As I
said I'm helping Ian out with kjsembed right now, and we're about to
take a look at making it link against this newer version of kjs. I
think it'd be interesting to get it in kdelibs where people can at
least start to think about adding kjs support to their apps. I've been
using it in some sample plasma code and have already found some cases
in which the architecture doesn't quite suite my needs, and I think
we'd both be interested to see other people's experiences - a sort of
peer review if you will. What do you all think?

Matt Broadstone