kconfig_compiler4

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Thu Jan 12 00:01:00 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 11 January 2006 11:20, Thomas Braxton wrote:

> How about this patch? The only problem I have is with kcfg.xsd, is there a way
> to make it output a warning for using deprecated types? If not, should we
> allow both types for now and just remove them before KDE4 ships. And does the
> version of kcfg.xsd need to change?

Thomas,

I think this is the correct approach where you
change (U)Int32 back to (U)Int and change (U)Int64 to (U)IntLongLong.
The patch looks fine to me.

I searched all the .kcfg files in kdelibs, kdebase, kdegraphics, and kdeedu and didn't
find any occurrences of "type=(U)Int64" so it shouldn't be too painful to simply
remove that type (and not deprecate).

..and yes, I think you need to update kcfg.xsd too.

Then don't forget to un-deprecate ItemInt and ItemUInt in kconfigskeleton.h
and ItemInt432 and ItemUInt32 need to be removed,
and ItemInt64 and ItemUInt64 need to be deprecated,
and there needs to be a new ItemLongLong and ItemULongLong types.

Whew.

-Allen

--
Let's Keep the Political Talk Out of KDE PLEASE