Custom URI schemes & KDE

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Sat Jan 7 23:07:50 GMT 2006

On Saturday 07 January 2006 21:58, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Frans Englich wrote:
> >I don't know :}, I can't tell about the impact of such changes, or what
> > kind of clashes it avoids. It sounds ambitious and "properly", but that
> > doesn't say much..
>
> This is exactly the kind of thing you have to think of: what is the impact
> on the current behaviour? Code can be adapted, but behaviour?
>
> Will we require every ioslave to use the URN tags? Will we require the
> user to type them? Will we send them to other programs using DnD and %u?
>
> We need that kind of question answered.

Indeed, if one put oneself in that position. But it's not me, because I don't
lobby for converting existing KIO slaves or that every ioslave is required to
use URN tags.

I can provide input on any URI idea involving for example KIO, but I don't see
how I am accountable since I haven't suggested anything involving KIO. Or am
I confused here?

Cheers,

		Frans