KImgIO plugins in plugins/imageformat (Re: kdelibs4_snapshot and KConfig)

Nicolas Goutte nicolasg at snafu.de
Fri Jan 6 14:46:14 GMT 2006

On Friday 06 January 2006 14:30, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> On Friday 06 January 2006 12:49, David Faure wrote:
> > On Friday 06 January 2006 11:33, Szombathelyi György wrote:
> > > Any chance to get this in:
> > >
> > > http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=113620307629326&w=2
> >
> > [KImgIO plugins in plugins/imageformat]
> >
> > The patch looks good (assuming you tested that Qt loads them ;)
> > but does this mean that the *.kimgio files are not needed anymore, nor
> > the code in kio/kio/kimageio* ?
>
> If I remember well, that was wanted anyway.
>
> If I really remember well, somebody had even done a patch for converting
> KImgIO to QImageIO in Qt3/KDE3. Unfortunately I do not know where the patch
> was "parked", as it was too big for a mailing list. (At that time, I had
> not the reflex to ask to open a bug report and to ask to put the patch
> there.)

I have found again the discussion (as soon as I remembered that it had
happened in kde-devel):
http://lists.kde.org/?t=106478059200002&r=1&w=2

However the given URL
http://ktown.kde.org/~danimo/kimageio/
does not exist anymore. :-(

So let's see if the original developer has still a copy of the patch.

> Have a nice day!
Have a nice day!