readEntry and booleans

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Jan 5 09:42:29 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 04 January 2006 21:34, Thomas Braxton wrote:
> forgot to attach the diffs :)
> in the second diff kconfigtest issues a warning about loss of information
> instead of crashing.

In general I don't like to bring crashes onto users; but in this case I fail
to see how application code could use the right types most of the times
and incompatible types now and then; it would have to be pretty generic
code to end up doing that.... So IMHO the Q_ASSERT is fine, to catch such
an unlikely programming error early. Adding the warning in addition can't hurt,
for the release case :)