readEntry and booleans

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Jan 4 09:48:49 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 04 January 2006 09:49, Laurent Montel wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 January 2006 09:45, David Faure wrote:
> > On Wednesday 04 January 2006 02:24, Thomas Braxton wrote:
> > > As far as I can tell this member template fixes everything
> > > template <typename T> T readEntry(key, const T&) const
> > >
> > > This seems to work, I ran unsermake check on kdecore and it passes.
> > > The only problem seems to be, all uses of QVariant::Bool/Int must be
> > > replaced & toInt()/toBool() must be replaced to compile. All in all I
> > > think the code looks a lot cleaner. You pass in a bool and you get out a
> > > bool, so code that looked like this
> > > if (sc.readEntry(key, QVariant::Bool).toBool())
> > > now looks like this
> > > if (sc.readEntry(key, false))
> >
> > Thanks for that fix. Too bad that we updated the snapshot before it though,
> > it means we'll have to port the readEntry lines in the other modules
> > twice...
>
> Perhaps we can recreate a snapshot today before that we port all module.

I don't think current trunk should become snapshot - there are some compilation breakages
due to the gettext/m4 stuff. But you could apply the readEntry change (rev 494162)
to the snapshot. I'm just not sure the rest of kdelibs still compiles with this change,
since it seems that only kdecore was ported?