platform independent kdeinit/klauncher (was KDE4's IPC)

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Mon Jan 2 14:36:54 GMT 2006

On Mon, Jan 02, 2006 at 02:04:21PM +1100, Brad Hards wrote:
> On Monday 02 January 2006 06:29 am, Koos Vriezen wrote:
> > May I add that it's perfectly possible to handle multible clients in a
> > single threaded app
> Not only possible, but frequently faster than multi-threaded apps.[1]
>
> Brad
>
> [1] Tests of different process models in Samba 4.

The link is not there, but I guess when not having to do too much
computation, ie. mostly hanging in select(2), can't be beaten by
multi-threaded onces. So yes for soft-plc/network protocol server and no
for webserver running server-side scripts.
Probably different on W32, at least must be WaitForMultibleObjects ..

Koos