KDEinit problem

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Sun Jan 1 00:19:38 GMT 2006

.desktop files have an entry X-DCOP-ServiceType and X-DCOP-ServiceName that
essentially tell the launcher how the application will register itself with
DCOP. Once the application has registered in that way, the launcher will
return successfully.

In general, if the process that gets started exits before the application is
registered with DCOP, it assumes something went wrong and returns an error.

X-DCOP-ServiceType can have the following values:
* None - Don't wait for DCOP registration, return success immediate.
* Unique - Application registers as a unique application
* Multi - Application registers as name-<pid>
* Wait - Wait till the process exists and return success.