A look at GNOME 2.14, comparison to KDE

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Fri Feb 24 09:44:47 GMT 2006

On Thursday 23 February 2006 19:02, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Thursday 23 February 2006 08:34, Luciano Montanaro wrote:
> > It's still in the archive. I think it should still apply (to the 3.5
> > branch at least), the affected classes are not modified too often.
> > Here it is:
> >
> > http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=111729049927039&w=2
>
> looks like the right thing to do here (style the widget) ... i'd say
> please commit this change to both 3.5 and the kde4 branches (where it'll
> be a bit different due to changes in qstyle, but nothing too bad)

The patch still applies cleanly on the 3.5 branch, I'll commit it in a few
minutes.

I have manually applied it to the trunk branch, and I think I have fixed the
qstyle calls, but I have not managed to test it yet.

The kdeui tests do not (yet?) compile, and I can't find the kcontrol module
in kdebase anymore...

I'd be grateful if somebody can try it now, otherwise I'll have another look
at it during the weekend.

--
Luciano Montanaro //
              \\ //