Elektra backend for KDE

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Feb 21 19:17:37 GMT 2006

Avi Alkalay wrote:
>Thanks Thiago.
>
>I'll have to think more about it.
>This schema sound too much flexible for me, and also seems to be
>designed for configuration FILES, and not configuration RESOURCES or
>URLs. Is my interpretation right ?
>
>We can interpret FILE paths as RESOURCES paths anyway, but it will
>smell like some ad-hoc stuff.

Yes, this was designed for files.

One nice thing about this is that you can have a read-only network-wide
mount of default settings mounted via NFS and every single KDE client
will use it. Update that one with a new setting and every single user
will see the new default.

While I'd like to see this feature in other backends, it's not really
necessary. But bear in mind that it is an essential part of Kiosk. If the
Elektra backend cannot support that feature or something similar to it,
then it cannot be used for Kiosk-mode.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

1. On frumscafte, hwonne time_t wæs náht, se scieppend þone circolwyrde
wundorcræftlíge cennede and seo eorðe wæs idel and hit wæs gód.