Date/time class changes to handle extended date ranges

R.F. Pels ruurd at tiscali.nl
Mon Feb 20 10:51:29 GMT 2006

On Monday 20 February 2006 11.29, Guillaume Laurent wrote:

> Oh come on, what kind of hair-splitting is that? Just call
> convertToQDate() directly and check if the result is valid. An invalid
> KDate will obviously convert to an invalid QDate, so the first check is
> pointless. And in practice just how often will you need to convert a
> KDate to a QDate anyway.

Anytime I want to use the Qt database classes to stick the value into a
database for example. Anytime I want to use KDatePicker, KDateTable,
KDateTimeWidget, KDateValidator, KDateWidget and all the places in KDE where
a QDate is expected in the interface. A very rough and potentially bad way to
count them yielded 600+ places in KDE and several applications where it is
used.

--
R.F. Pels,  3e Rompert 118,  5233 AL  's-Hertogenbosch,  The Netherlands
+31736414590        ruurd at tiscali.nl       http://home.tiscali.nl/~ruurd