Date/time class changes to handle extended date ranges

R.F. Pels ruurd at tiscali.nl
Mon Feb 20 10:43:19 GMT 2006

On Monday 20 February 2006 10.36, David Jarvie wrote:

> I didn't word my reply well. You are partly citing KDE convention to back
> up your position. What I meant to say is that until people who know about
> such things say that you are right in that respect, I don't buy into it.

That is the easy way out for you. Go ahead and see for yourself and check a
number of K classes that have a Q counterpart:

	QColor		--> KColor
	QComboBox	--> KComboBox
	QApplication	--> KApplication
	QMainWindow	--> KMainWindow
	QToolbar	--> KToolBar
	QLabel		--> KLabel
	QLineEdit	--> KLineEdit
	QButton		--> KButton

There are a few exceptions, for example KEdit, but that is a deprecated class
which is replaced by KTextEdit. Need I go on?

> So far, unless I'm mistaken, nobody else has agreed with you on the naming
> issue. So unless that changes, and because I disagree with you, I will use
> the names which I proposed.

Great... Then I /do/ hope you also propose to adjust KDateInternalXXX,
KDatePicker, KDateTable, KDateTimeWidget, KDateValidator and KDateWidget to
use the KDate class. After all, the name you propose creates the expectation
that they all work with a KDate object.

--
R.F. Pels,  3e Rompert 118,  5233 AL  's-Hertogenbosch,  The Netherlands
+31736414590        ruurd at tiscali.nl       http://home.tiscali.nl/~ruurd