Date/time class changes to handle extended date ranges

Guillaume Laurent glaurent at telegraph-road.org
Mon Feb 20 09:36:59 GMT 2006

R.F. Pels wrote:
> If it is for a part in KDE or Qt that is widely used because it is something
> very fundamental, yes, it is a big deal. And 'have to write at one time or
> another' is not a very good argument for not considering giving the classes a
> proper name. Giving those classes a proper name IS a big deal.

I agree that breaking the Liskov Substitution Principle is a bad thing,
but I don't think it applies here. QDate already has a 'isValid()'
method, so no matter where a QDate comes from, you already know that you
have to check for it's validity, i.e. that boilerplate code of yours has
to be written anyway.