QXEmbed vs. QX11EmbedWidget

Tobias Koenig tokoe at kde.org
Tue Feb 14 15:42:19 GMT 2006

On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 01:34:41PM +0100, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 February 2006 13:21, Tobias Koenig wrote:
Hi Simon,

> I can't comment on the actual implementation, but I find the fact that
> QX11EmbedWidget and QX11EmbedContainer are maintained in qt/src/gui/kernel a
> fairly convincing argument :)
Ok ;)

After a grep over kdelibs and kdebase it seems QXEmbed is only used in
KSystemTray (which just inherits from it and calls
QXEmbed::initialize()), kicker and javaapplets.

All these pieces of code just call QXEmbed::initialize(), which seems to
be obsolete anyway. (Comments?)

NSPlugin doesn't use QXEmbed at all, but should make use of
QX11EmbedWidget to provide proper focus handling IMHO.

I'll take a look these classes and try to port them.

Ciao,
Tobias
--
Separate politics from religion and economy!
The Councile of the European Union is an undemocratic and illegal institution!