Build broken by recent svn checkin

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Feb 13 18:04:48 GMT 2006

On Monday 13 February 2006 18:31, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> >Along this line.   I have two questions for kde developers.
> >
> >1. I can set it up so that an email is sent somewhere when something
> > like this breaks. Should I send it to either of these mailing lists?
> > Or are there key people that want this email?
>
> If you find build problems in kdelibs_snapshot, we'd like to hear. If you
> find them in kdelibs's trunk, only after a few days of going unfixed.

Really? That particular breakage would have remained broken much longer
(possibly hampering other kdelibs developers, who might not have fixed it
themselves or been in contact with someone who could fix it immediately)
if this notification hadn't been sent.

I think we always expect commits to compile. When it doesn't happen,
the committer wants to hear about it asap. I broke the build enough myself
to be first in line of guilty committers, but still, it was always an accident,
not a breakage that was done on purpose.