make warning: overriding commands for target

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Mon Feb 13 10:49:42 GMT 2006

Am Montag, 13. Februar 2006 10:24 schrieb David Faure:
> On Monday 13 February 2006 06:52, Andriy Rysin wrote:
> > When I am compiling kxkb I always get this warnings:
> >
> > Makefile:1449: warning: overriding commands for target
> > `kcmmiscwidget.moc' Makefile:1274: warning: ignoring old commands for
> > target `kcmmiscwidget.moc' Makefile:1464: warning: overriding commands
> > for target `kcmlayoutwidget.moc' Makefile:1267: warning: ignoring old
> > commands for target
> > `kcmlayoutwidget.moc'
>
> Trunk or 3.5 branch? Automake or unsermake?
unsermake doesn't have 1464 lines in Makefiles :)

Andriy: your fault is to use srcdir==builddir with a tool as am_edit, that
only knows very few about your builddir. So you have 3 choices:
a) ignore that warning
b) use unsermake
c) use srcdir!=builddir

You can also easily combine any of the three above to fix the problem ;)

Greetings, Stephan