language switching on app start (or language/helpfile switching for klik bundles)
k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Wed Feb 8 13:50:16 GMT 2006
On Wednesday 08 February 2006 11:02, Jens Herden wrote:
> > Feature, since kfmclient talks to an already running (with another
> > language) konqueror.
> That would be an explanation but it seems wrong :-(
> 1. I have no konqi preloaded and no running instance and I still get the
> English interface.
> 2. starting first KDE_LANG=km konqueror
> and then KDE_LANG=km kfmclient openProfile webbrowsing
> gives me still the English interface despite the fact that the first one is
> Khmer and already running.
> What else can I test?
Your problem somehow reminds me of a similar problem I'm having with
klik-ified KDE apps. klik uses an AppDir that gets compressed into
a single file system image to embed all directly used libraries and
data files. This compressed image is loopmounted in user space, and
an embedded wrapper script (that sets its own $PATH, $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
and what not) starts the embedded app. Most things work well.
But embedding uptodate l10n files in the "bleeding edge" Koffice-1.5
beta kliks does work reliably (in some *random* cases it worked; I
was unable to find out what exact conditions ahd made it work -- next
startup the KDE_LANG setting could have failed again, or it did indeed
switch language, but used the (not bleeding edge) system-wide installed
KDE language files instead of the ones embedded in the klik AppDir
Also, embedding the uptodate manuals and help files does not work
In the wrapper I fiddled with separate KDEHOME, KDEDIRS, KDESYCOCA,
and the KDE_FORK_SLAVES variables and what not to no avail... (yes,
I admit: I did so without fully understanding how all this is supposed
I wrote about half a dozen detailled mails to various people, but
with no help or advice forthcoming so far.
I vaguely suspect a bug somewhere deep in KDE's kio system (which only
hits if you try weird stuff like we do).
More information about the kde-core-devel