How to build/install qt-copy 4?

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Feb 7 09:40:59 GMT 2006

Michael Pyne wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I'd like advice on how to build/install qt-copy.
>
>There is an open bug on kdesvn-build (bug 116621) that basically says
>kdesvn-build should use the -prefix configure option for qt-copy, and
> install the module as well.
>
>But I thought I had heard from somewhere that you shouldn't do so, or at
> least not automatically due to RPATH issues?
>
>So, what's the correct thing to do?

First of all, Qt4 supports shadow builds properly now (srcdir !=
builddir), so the hack kdesvn-build has for Qt3 shadow builds can go.

Second, Qt4 can install cleanly. kdesvn-build could detect when the qtdir
setting differs from the path qt-copy is at and pass the proper -prefix
option, then install.

But I wouldn't make that option mandatory. Most people are used to not
installing Qt after building it. In fact, here at Trolltech, I don't
install any of my Qt builds.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

2. Tó cennan his weorc gearu, ymbe se circolwyrde, wearð se cægbord and se
leohtspeccabord, and þa mýs cómon lator. On þone dæg, he hine reste.