SVN succesful-compilation tag

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Thu Feb 2 20:55:00 GMT 2006

On Thursday 02 February 2006 18:24, Mantia Andras wrote:
> On Thursday 02 February 2006 03:22, Marcos Mayorga wrote:
> > Hi all
> > I think a process is building the repository constantly, isn't it?
> >
> > Could it be a good idea to have a tags indicating the most modern
> > version of the repository which is known to compile?
>
> It is the branches/KDE/3.5, in other words the latest stable branch.
> This is what is known to compile and should compile almost any time any
> where. ;-)
>
> But giving such a tag/revision for the development branch (trunk), ah,
> that would be a hard job.

But when I think about it, it would perhaps nevertheless be a good idea. A
script could somehow figure out what most receent revision that builds, and
then commit a snapshot of that. What revision that builds could be determined
by iteratively building, or query one of those cmake build farms(that's
possible? no?).

It would perhaps have some interesting effects on how development would
proceed. Everyone would be protected against build errors(if they use the
generated snapshot), and the snapshot would "stall" as soon someone breaks
the compile. Or perhaps confusion would be the result of all the
snapshots/copies.

HOwever, it would not be the same as kdelibs4_snapshot, since other factors
plays in when that one is tagged.

Cheers,

		Frans