kxml_compiler

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Wed Feb 1 22:02:03 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 01 February 2006 17:44, Frans Englich wrote:

> Code is not that interesting. What's interesting is if it can be proved
> that it's actually worth something. For code that will be used by many in
> general ways should be backed up by "This code is intended to do this and
> here is the <insert proof> for that it can do that". For a interoperability
> thing as WXS, I think test results are needed.

kxml_compiler is less about interoperability and more about saving the boring
work of having to write lots of trivial parsing code. We don't necessarily
need 100% standard conformance for this. It's already useful, if it works
with a couple of common schemas. Especially if we talk about schemas written
by us.

Anyway, as I said before, I don't think we should move kxml_compiler to
kdelibs right now.