[Kde-games-devel] Forwarding includes for libkdegames

Matt Williams matt at milliams.com
Sat Dec 30 14:46:43 GMT 2006

On Friday 29 December 2006 21:00, Dmitry Suzdalev wrote:
> On Friday 29 December 2006 23:35, Henrique Pinto wrote:
> > On Fri 29 Dec 2006 13:09, Matt Williams wrote:
> > > Does the KDE policy allow us to install some forwarding headers for
> > > libkdegames so that instead of
> > >         #include <khighscore.h>
> > > it would be
> > >         #include <KDEGAMES/KHighscore>
> > > (of course the directory name "KDEGAMES" is up for debate)
> > > and also do you think it would be beneficial?
> >
> > I think it is a very good idea, but I'd use "#include
> > <KDEGames/KHighScore>" instead of the all-uppercase version.
>
> I think we should ask on kde-core-devel at kde.org about this (I'm CC-ing it).
>
> Questions for kde-core-devel:
>
> Is there any common policy concerning new-style-headers coming from other
> modules?
> Should the modules create such headers? Where they should install them?
> I think it would be good thing for all modules to follow some common
> convention about this :).

Thinking about this some more; In Qt, to include, say, QApplication you do
	#include <QApplication>
but not
	#include <Qt/QApplication>

So why, in KDE, do we have it set up so that you need <KDE/KApplication>.
There's no other file called KApplication so there should be no ambiguity and
so a simple
	#include <KApplication>
should suffice.

So basically, is there any reason why the KDE forwarding headers were
installed in the include/KDE directory and not just into /include?

This would allow, for example, the KDEGames headers to be installed
to "include/KDEGames" rather than "include/KDE/KDEGames".

Thanks,
Matt Williams

--
http://milliams.com