RFC: ideas for a simple OpenDocument API

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Fri Dec 29 23:11:27 GMT 2006

On Friday 29 December 2006 21:32, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> Another option* would be to make the text flake itself capable of
> automatical syntax highlighting, perhaps by sharing the highlighter with
> Kate? With some kind of dynamic format(ter)?
>
> * I had this idea long ago when sitting in a lecture looking at slides with
> awfully formatted code examples.

Over the Christmas weekend I decided that the text-flake for the whole of
KOffice would have plugin options. I already coded one (the inline objects
plugin) but there are others still todo.
The idea of a having a syntax highlighter actually is in my list of
usecases :)
http://wiki.koffice.org/index.php?title=KWord
--
Thomas Zander