Preparing terrain for kio_uiserver

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 13:50:41 GMT 2006

> That's why people shouldn't be changing their job icons. They should stick
> to the default, which is the application's name.
> Now, if the icon given could not be found (definitely a bug in the
> application),

Jobs may be launched by KDE daemons and other processes such as the
panel which do not have an associated icon however - at least, not an
icon that the user would recognise.  In such cases I think it would be
useful to allow the developer to specify a custom icon.

Another use case is where one application might launch various types
of jobs.  In which case the basic application icon could be
'decorated' to provide better visual cues as to which jobs are
currently in-progress.