Preparing terrain for kio_uiserver

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Dec 21 16:27:04 GMT 2006

On Thursday 21 December 2006 16:27, Rafael Fernández López wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think that should force devs to call more methods than expected.
Look at the Qt4 API, that's how it works. Simple constructors, setter methods.

> Using this constructors we are not forcing to call additional methods.
No, we are forced to read unreadable calls with N arguments without knowing which
one does what. This isn't kde3 anymore, the qt4/kde4 way is readable code with separate
setters. Besides, I doubt that most code that uses a kio job needs to set an icon or an appname,
it most cases the application's defaults from the aboutData are just fine.

> The icon has nothing to do really with the delegate I think, since there is
> no need of own delegate for having an icon on the kio_uiserver, are
> different things.
Err I'm not talking about itemdelegates here, but about the ui part of a job,
which is job->ui(). The icon is a GUI thing so it belongs there.

> Yeah I can change it to get data from KGlobal::instance(), there is not
> problem about that.
Thanks.