death to the TWG, long live the TWG!

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Wed Dec 20 19:51:14 GMT 2006

Hi,

 > there are already people lining up to on parts of this, and i salute
 > them with my support. they will be introducing themselves on this list
 > along with their ideas for implementation. however, they need more
 > bodies and more energy. i urge you to answer the call.

I'm the one trying to organize people who are interested in managing the
4.0 release.  Please read over the charter document that Aaron posted
(basically, only Section 3 is relevant for our purposes).  If you want
to be involved with the release duties, reply to this thread indicating
which parts of Section 3 you are interested in helping with.

There were some names mentioned on the e.V. list, but I'll let those
people speak for themselves here.

As for me, I am interested in helping with [3.1] (Release Schedule),
[3.2] (Definition of Release), [3.4] (Reviewing Applications), and [3.6]
(Communication and moderating).

I have asked webmaster to set up a new kde-release mailing list; once
that exists we can get organized there.

One idea I have to lower the barrier for entry in this process is to
introduce the idea that people can take on duties for specific
sub-modules, rather than for the entire project.  For example, if you
want to volunteer to be the release coordinator for kdeutils or
kdemultimedia, or kdegames, you can do that.

Thanks, and let's get this ball rolling.

Jason