dbus+Service name+error

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Dec 19 18:12:26 GMT 2006

Laurent Montel wrote:
>But when it's personal application.

If it's a personal application, it shouldn't be using org.kde.* in service
names and in interface names. Only KDE applications can use org.kde.*
service names and only KDE can define org.kde.* interfaces (other
applications may implement them)

>For example kalarm has personal web site.
>I don't know if he wants to move it on kde.org.

He can keep the website. But we have to have the URL in the About dialog
inside a kde.org domain if it's a KDE application. Or can the author
guarantee that the webpage address will NOT change in the next 5 years or
so?

>Is it not possible to put by default "org.kde." and allow to force
> specific service name if guy wants to use own specific service name ?

No. No default for org.kde. It's only org.kde if the application is a KDE
application.

>We will have same pb with k3b etc (www.k3b.org)
>For me we can't force guy to move web site to kde.org.

It's possible to set the domain name and leave the webpage address
different. But I would recommend it only for those applications that have
a specific-purpose domain (like k3b.org, konqueror.org, koffice.org,
etc.)

Those domains should preferrably be under e.V. control.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358