general kio slave for reading embedded files

Jos van den Oever jvdoever at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 21:31:22 GMT 2006

2006/12/17, Clarence Dang <dang at kde.org>:
> On Sunday 17 December 2006 19:21, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> >       file:///home/kde/a.zip#/b.tar.gz/x.rpm/y.deb/README
> > or
> >       file:///home/kde/a.zip#/b.tar.gz#/x.rpm#/y.deb#/README
>
> Side note about #: it's an allowed character in a filename (since it's != '\0'
> && != '/').  I know it's always been done this way but just the other day, I
> had problems dragging a file with a # into ark.  I still think it can be done
> with /.
I'm using '/' for the reason you state. However, Thiago has a point
for remote files. If Strigi is passes a filename, e.g. /a.zip/b, it
cannot open it. So it removes the last part and tries to open /a.zip
which works. Then it looks for 'b' inside of a.zip.
For remote files, this approach is expensive. I'm not sure what the
best solution here is, but for the part of the URI that should be
handle by Strigi, only '/' will be used as a delimiter.