Color manipulation functions in kdelibs?

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Wed Dec 13 20:02:19 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 13 December 2006 14:27, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> > but then again no
> > one blends one pixel with another. People blend drawables. For that we
> > need a decent image manipulation framework in KDE. For now we don't have
> > it, so the discussion imho is moot.
>
> Actually, it is far from moot. In order to blend images, you have to
> first be able to blend the pixels in the image. Guess what that means?
>
> :-) Everything I have been talking about is the *foundation* of that

Ah, cool, now I see what you mean. You mean you want to have
QPainter::CompositionMode available to composite just QColor instead of a
whole drawable.
The core of your blending appears CompositionMode_Over.
The whole code is in qdrawhelper[_x86].cpp. I'm not sure whether it really
makes sense to export those low-level functions to be used outside QPainter.
I'm certainly open to reasons as to why it should be though :)