Color manipulation functions in kdelibs?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Dec 11 23:58:05 GMT 2006

On Monday 11 December 2006 13:51, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> > This might also be better placed in the QColor code - have you submitted
> > a wishlist item to the Trolls?
>
> Perhaps, but then you are tying KDE4 to a version of Qt that does not
> yet exist, and also relying on Trolltech to maintain the functions we
> need. Is that really a good idea?

at this point i'm assuming we're going to need/want things in 4.3. that said,
letting TT carry library load on their shoulders is not a bad thing. they
have more manpower for libraries than we do.

> It is my understanding that
> historically KDE has not been tightly tied to a particular release of
> Qt.

we've often required a specific version (or greater) of Qt.

> I'm happy to submit a wish to Qt. In fact, I think they should probably
> have a reasonable subset of this functionality *in addition* to having a
> more complete suite in kdelibs,

this is often how it works, yes. get a good amount of functionality into Qt as
makes sense for a library at that level and then layer on desktop-specific
additions and conveniences.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se