KMultiActionButton

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau friedrich.w.h at kossebau.de
Tue Dec 5 23:08:58 GMT 2006

Am Dienstag, 5. Dezember 2006 23:50, schrieb Aaron J. Seigo:
> On Tuesday 05 December 2006 15:22, Michaƫl Larouche wrote:
> > Can you give a use case of your new widget ? Why would I want to group
> > actions in toolbar so close to each other ?
>
> ah, right, sorry i forgot you can't see inside my head ;)
>
> both vista and macos have these things and the purpose is to create greater
> visual grouping in toolbars between related options. e.g in safari
> forward/backwards are one "button"; in the new MS office the alignment
> options (center/left/right/justified) are one "button", etc ...
>
> http://www.nawaat.org/portail/IMG/jpg/nawaat-safari-macosX.jpg
> http://aarakast.de/wp-content/uploads/microsoft-office-2007.jpg

Given a style like Baghira one has this already, e.g.
http://baghira.sourceforge.net/pix/ssp/shot10.jpg

But I guess it is achieved by cheating, perhaps the style has a look whether
there is another button or a separator/nothing next to the current button
(climbing the object hierarchy), did not check.

No idea about the need for such a multiactionbutton.

Friedrich