KAction changes

Simon Hausmann hausmann at kde.org
Mon Dec 4 17:26:56 GMT 2006

On Monday 04 December 2006 18:14, Charles Samuels wrote:
> Simon Hausmann wrote, on Sunday 2006 December 03 3:29 pm:
> > So as a result Kévin removed most of the KAction usage in our public API
>
> [snip]
>
> > The changes don't mean that KAction goes away
>
> This seems contradictory. Are you saying that only the parts of (for
> example) XMLGUI now don't require KAction directly?

Basically yes. KAction doesn't offer any needed functionality there. Where it
is needed one can still use a qobject_cast. But most of the time it's maybe
just a property or two that KAction has in addition, and those can easily be
implemented as dynamic properties. After all most of the action objects don't
have any functionality but are just bags of properties.

Simon