Ctrl+Y shortcut for redo

Clarence Dang dang at kde.org
Thu Aug 31 13:24:24 BST 2006

On Thursday 31 August 2006 21:32, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> at the risk of starting a huge flamewar: The KDE user interface guidelines
> currently list Ctrl+Shift+Z as only shortcut for 'redo'. What do you think
> about adding Ctrl+Y as additional shortcut for that action?

Wasn't there a flamewar on this list about this a few years ago?  Or maybe
that discussion was about dumping Ctrl+Shift+Z for Ctrl+Y?  Can't remember.

Anyway, I think adding Ctrl+Y as an _additional_ shortcut as you suggest would
be a good idea.

I'm still hoping Microsoft will add Ctrl+Shift+Z to Office though :)