Patch on ksnapshot

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Wed Aug 30 20:12:20 BST 2006

On Wednesday 30 August 2006 15:06, Jakob Petsovits wrote:
> On Tuesday, 29. August 2006 22:46, Martin Koller wrote:
> > come on. You really think its easier to find the print action in
> > some full blown image manipulation program than in ksnapshot ?
> > Ever used gimp ? ;-) ...
>
> Ever used KolourPaint or Krita?
> Both of them feature the standard KDE printing dialog in the standard
> location where everyone should expect it, as File->Print...
> Both of them even got "Print" as a toolbar button.
> (Even if it will probably be removed for Kolourpaint on KDE 4.)
>
> The point is that, while it's certainly easier to have "Print" as a
> big button nearby than in your favorite bitmap editor application, we
> can't keep each and every button one could possibly use in the main
> interface.
>
> The question must be "What are the most important, most frequently
> used functionalities for a screen capturing application?" and then
> select the first n items of your list to be included as big buttons.
> (And it seems that n is not greater than 3 for acceptable KSnapshot
> usability.) Everything else should be the job of a dedicated bitmap
> editor.

I wholeheartly agree.

> And it seems that "Open With" is more important to many people than
> "Print", and so are "Save As" and "Copy to Clipboard".

Please tell me how you came to this conclusion? The "Open With" wish
(bug:131410) has 0 votes and the similar wish 63067 has 20 votes (from
one person I guess because there's only a single comment).

If this button is so important to many people then why does this wish
not have 100+ votes and 5+ duplicates? Why does this wish not appear
among the 2292 most wanted features?

Regards,
Ingo