GUI for changing sets of shortcuts in an app?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Aug 30 19:59:27 BST 2006

On Wednesday 30 August 2006 9:43, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> Changing individual shortcuts by hand isn't that useful for this purpose.
> UI-wise a simple combobox in the settings/shortcuts dialog would be enough,
> and I haven't got a clue about what would be needed in the back-end.

not much.

in KDE3 KKeyChooser supports the ability to sync up with a random config file
via the syncToConfig method. in trunk/ this is apparently missing (and it
looks like the keyboard shorcuts control panel is currently broken in this
respect) ...

anyways .. there are .kksrc files provided with the control panel that are
just regular kde config files which contain different sets of key
configurations. they are presented in a combobox and when the user picks one
that config file is loaded into the UI.

should be easy to replicate this as an option in the application keyboard
shortcuts dialog ... i imagine it would simply look for .kksrc files in the
apps' appdata directory and if they exist show a combobox listing them..

--
Aaron J. Seigo
Undulate Your Wantonness