KAssistantDialog proposal

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Thu Aug 24 21:28:24 BST 2006

On Thursday 24 August 2006 20:06, Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Thursday 24 August 2006 20:01, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > const QString pageHelp( KPageWidgetItem *item ) <-- i think you
> > have the const on the wrong side of that definition. it should be:
> > QString pageHelp(KPageWidgetItem* item) const
>
> I'd even go as far as suggest:
>
> const QString &pageHelp(foo) const;

Do we really want to start returning references to QStrings instead of
simply returning QStrings? I thought general consensus was that
returning QStrings as objects was okay because the overhead is minimal.
If I'm not completely mistaken then basically all kdelibs methods (and
all Qt methods for that matter) return QStrings (as opposed to const
references to QStrings).

Regards,
Ingo