KAssistantDialog proposal

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Aug 24 18:15:02 BST 2006

On Thursday 24 August 2006 10:22, Matthias Lechner wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> the square color is actually hard coded but I would like to get rid of
> this. The only thing I need to know is the place where to pick the color
> from.

the KDE colour palette is here:

	http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=Colors

but in this case you should be getting appropriate colours from the colour
scheme... e.g.:

	palette()->color( QPalette::Active, QPalette::Highlight);

the text would then be:

	palette()->color( QPalette::Active, QPalette::HighlightedText);

> Well, maybe not everybody likes this step graphic but I think they are at
> least usable ;-) I don't want to see funky graphics and themes cause they
> would make it impossible keepings things consistent.

there's a differences between making it user configurable and run time
configurable. personally i find the current steps to be much too large and
take far too much space away from the actual business are; less is more here.

 but really, this is an art issue. we should let the artists handle it. there
can be a simple svg or three that you can find using kstandarddir's locate()
function that would be used to paint a step. this will future proof it, allow
distributions to make it fit with their other artwork, etc ...

some questions i have are:

 - what happens when there are more steps than space to show them all in that
bar? 7 steps is already taking up a lot of space....

 - what happens when the number of steps change due to decisions taken by the
user? (see the kopete add contact wizard for an example)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
Undulate Your Wantonness