KAssistantDialog proposal

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Thu Aug 24 16:03:30 BST 2006

On Thursday 24 August 2006 16:13, Matthias Lechner wrote:
> This proposal differs a bit from the one I imagined before I started
> coding (http://www.lmme.de/kassistant/mockup.png) as it is not possible
> to set a margin of 0 to the top layout in a KDialog so I cannot
> colorize the steplist background.

Where did you get the color for the colored square?  I'm asking since we
should make sure all colors are coming from the color palette, no
invented colors allowed :)

I'm no artist, but I still don't like the step-graphics a lot, did you
consider making it an svg art ?  See the blogs from zack for info.

Hierarchical wizards are possible, but adding sub-pages is the wrong way,
too complex and not powerfull enough. The isAppropriate is meant for that
it would be bad to have 2 ways to do the same thing.

Maybe you can look into altering the steplist to be a decorator one?
Meaning that no extra code has to be written in the assistant to use it.
--
Thomas Zander