KClearableLineEdit

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Wed Aug 23 08:57:27 BST 2006

Le mercredi 23 août 2006 09:27, Aaron J. Seigo a écrit :
> attached is a class that implements a line edit with an embedded clear
> button. the intention is to replace all those lineedits with the clear
> button next to them. why?
> [...]

Skip what I consider as good reasons.

> i also implemented this as a subclass of KLineEdit rather than embed the
> functionality into KLineEdit since KLineEdit is already a pretty hairy
> beast and i didn't want to add to that.

That's unfortunate because we can't easily get the restricted + clearable
features at the same time.  That said I completely understand why you didn't
put this feature in KLineEdit directly. Maybe at one point we want to
refactor KLineEdit to make it more manageable anyway. Any thought?

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."