Proposal for a new class: KToolTip

Jaroslaw Staniek js at iidea.pl
Mon Aug 21 10:13:03 BST 2006

Gábor Lehel said the following, On 2006-08-20 14:06:

> I submitted a bug/suggestion with Trolltech some time ago about adding
> QToolTIp::showDocument( QPoint, QTextDocument ) or something of the
> sort, which could let you use custom resources you've added to the
> document yourself; as this was the second or third time I had to
> reimplement QToolTip in order to show thumbnails of internal
> application data. The response I received was that they hadn't
> considered such a method, but would look into it if many people
> requested it. I've referred them to this thread. (Although, many of
> the ideas in it are even beyond the scope of simply passing in a
> QTextDocument).

QToolTip::showDocument( QPoint, QWidget* ) could cover more cases. There are
already widgets impelemnted taht people would want to display in this way.

And let's don't forget about QToolTip::showDocument( QRect, QWidget* )
version, that could be probably used even more frequently, since
tooltips/toolwidgets are often related to whole rectangular area (e.g. a piece
os selected text) and thus it's usable to ask the framework to place the
tooltip in an appropriate place.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek