KAssistant / Proposal for a new "KStepList" widget

Tobias Koenig tokoe at kde.org
Thu Aug 17 17:00:49 BST 2006

On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 05:46:52PM +0200, Matthias Lechner wrote:
> Hi Oliver,
Hi,

> before I started KStepList I tried all the available faces of KDialog, but in
> my opinion a list on the left in no perfectly appropriate solution for an
> assistant dialog. I think a list with steps that are connected in some way
> reflects more the assistant's design (interdependence of steps, usually
> importance of step order...) than a list with icons would do.
Right, hacking KPageView just to match this special way is the wrong
approach and we'll end up with such a beast as KJanusWidget was!

So please reimplement a new widget/dialog for the page step thingy.
Code sharing is still possible though, for example you can use the
KIconPageDelegate to draw the icon view.

Ciao,
Tobias
--
Separate politics from religion and economy!
The Council of the European Union is an undemocratic and illegal institution!