please update to cmake 2.4.3

Benjamin Meyer ben at meyerhome.net
Wed Aug 16 08:06:03 BST 2006

On Monday 14 August 2006 23:50, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we are still requiring cmake 2.4.1 (released April 30th) as minimal version
> for compiling KDE 4.
> In the meantime cmake 2.4.3 has been released and it features quite a lot
> improvements over cmake 2.4.1, especially wrt. to dependency handling of
> generated files.
> And since we plan to rename kde-config to kde4-config, once we change the
> name to kde4-config, cmake >= 2.4.3 is absolutely required (cmake < 2.4.3
> doesn't care about kde4-config)
>
> So, please everybody update to cmake 2.4.3, and if there are no serious
> objections, I'll make cmake 2.4.3 required today in two weeks, August 28th.
>
> If you find problems, please either post them to k-c-d or kde-buildsystem,
> or even better report them at b.k.o for the product "Buildsystem".
>
> Bye
> Alex

Any chance of putting this off a few more weeks?  Perhaps till after akadamy?
Having one less piece of software that we have to build manually ourselves
means a lot for anyone starting up from scratch.  The hope being that by
giving it more time some distros will have picked up 2.4.3.

Even Debian has 2.4-patch 2 now (a very good thing).

-Benjamin Meyer