Introducing LikeBack - Quick Feedback from Beta-Testers

Jaison Lee lee.jaison at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 19:56:21 BST 2006

On 8/14/06, Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg at snafu.de> wrote:
> On Monday 14 August 2006 20:25, Jaison Lee wrote:
> > On 8/14/06, Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg at snafu.de> wrote:
> > > And also:
> > > kdesdk/scripts/licensecheck
> > > (check_license is outdated however.)
> >
> > They are both outdated. And I'm removing them as soon as I get home
> > from work. I need to put an end to this insanity. :)
>
> I do not think that licensecheck is outdated, as it is the same checks that
> post-commit hook of KDE SVN.

Yes, and the post-commit hook is outdated as well, but that one I'm
going to let someone else take care of that unless they tell me how to
do it without breaking the commit system. :)  IMHO the post commit
hook for license checking should be removed as well.

Trust me on this. I spent a month or two working with these things.  :)

The licensecheck script in particular fails on Artistic License and
Public Domain files as well as a few wierd varities of GPL. EBN is the
best by far at this point in time.