Something for Solid ? Was: Application maintainerships

Andy Fawcett andy at athame.co.uk
Tue Aug 8 21:45:45 BST 2006

On Tuesday 08 August 2006 23:22, Kevin Ottens wrote:
> Le mardi 8 août 2006 18:28, Alexander Neundorf a écrit :
> > Do mtools work on these unices ? And can't they mount VFAT floppies
> > ? I don't know.
> > If mtools are really still required, I'll have a look at the
> > floppy-ioslave again.
>
> Very good questions... Actually I assumed that *BSD (at least
> FreeBSD) were able to mount VFAT volumes and floppies. Could we have
> more information on this? I really find it weird that those systems
> still can't handle vfat floppies natively...

FreeBSD 6.1:

ping# mount_msdosfs /dev/fd0 /cdrom
ping# ls /cdrom/
ULSATA2         WIN2000         ftsata2
Ultra           WINXP           txtsetup.oem
ping#

that's in the base OS, no additional software needed.

As far as I know (can't test at the moment) all the FreeBSD platforms
that we will support with KDE4+ have this functionality.

A.

Andy Fawcett                                     | andy at athame.co.uk
"In an open world without walls and fences,      | tap at lspace.org
  we wouldn't need Windows and Gates."  -- anon  | tap at fruitsalad.org