Contacting the Packagers about kdepim 3.5.4

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Mon Aug 7 23:53:05 BST 2006

Hey,

Apparently several distros (including SUSE and kde-redhat) are configuring kdepim
with the --enable-indexlib option... thereby enabling KMail's "experimental" full text
indexing code.

At some point I know I had ./configure --help printing that this was experimental,
but somehow that text has been removed.  So, I'm not surprised that a package
would add --enable-indexlib to the kdepim configure.

Anyhow, this is causing a lot of KMail bug reports like "...every time I search
KMail crashes.."

Long story short:  is there a mailing list where we can ask the distro packagers
to send out a new kdepim without --enable-indexlib configured??

Regards,
Allen

--
KDE: Same Thing We Do Everyday... Try to Conquer the World