KDE4: Home folder files deleted

Matt Broadstone mbroadst at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 23:44:07 BST 2006

On 8/7/06, Jaison Lee <lee.jaison at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/7/06, Dmitry Suzdalev <dimsuz at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 08 August 2006 01:12, André Wöbbeking wrote:
> > > At least you can run a session (see my other mail) ;-) Maybe it helps
> > > when you enable debug output (with the app kdebugdialog).
> > Personally, I can't run a session, because after the $HOME gets moved the only
> > thing that I can to is to right click on "desktop" area to get right click
> > menu with "Run..." & "logout".
> >
> > Of which only logout is working - "Run..." can't run anything because the
> > $HOME/kde lives in Trash at that moment :-).
>
> You guys are having better luck than me. I've never lost my ~/.kde
> directory but whenever I've tried a full session I'm greeted by all
> sorts of spectacularly weird graphics problems and a series of
> crashes. Desktop and kicker never even get to run and the only thing I
> can do is CTRL-ALT-BKSP.  :)

I just ran a kde4 session for the first time in a few months today
(I've been doing only kdelibs devel with testkhtml :) ), but when I
ran it today everything worked fine except for a crash in kio-media I
believe it was. I don't know if my setup is any different than yours
but I can't confirm this problem...

Cheers,
Matt Broadstone